Welcome to the student section of our site. In this section you’ll find links to some useful web sites you might want to check out, volunteer information for students who are interested in doing work in their communities, great information for graduating students to help prepare you for life after the TDSB, and much, much more.
- Code of conduct
- Choices for High School
- High School Graduation Requirements
- Graduating ?
- Community Involvement
- Night School
- Homework Help
- TDSB Sports
The 3 R’s of Runnymede
RIGHTS – RESPECT – RESPONSIBILITY
MISSION STATEMENT: Runnymede Collegiate is proud of its culturally diverse community where rights, respect and responsibility are valued and where learning and teaching in a safe environment are top priorities.
- To prepare students for a post secondary education, employment and enjoyment of life.
- To develop fundamental life skills, knowledge and attitudes so that students will become productive and responsible citizens in our multicultural environment.
- To provide a rich and varied educational program that meets the needs of its students.
- To create an atmosphere of encouragement, caring, respect and courtesy that will lead to the development of self worth and co operation among students, teachers and parents.
- To assist students to achieve their potential in cultural, emotional, intellectual, moral, physical and social development so that they may become self-directed problem-solvers.
- To maintain traditionally high standards of achievement and expectations.
In recognition of the importance of regular attendance, all students at Runnymede are expected to:
- Attend all classes and not to leave a class without the explicit permission of the teacher.
- Submit an explanatory note, properly signed by a parent or guardian to teachers upon returning to school following any absence.
The school has a responsibility to parents, guardians and to the Toronto District School Board of Education to accurately maintain student attendance records and to know where students are at all times. Therefore, students are required to sign in or sign out through the office when entering or leaving the school during the day. Students must submit a note to the office signed by a parent or guardian if they wish to sign out during the day. If no note is provided, a parent must be contacted before permission is given for the student to leave the school.
All students are required to pay an activity fee of $55.00. This money is directed to support various student activities such as clubs, teams, dances, etc. The fee is due during the first week of school and entitles students to a copy of the student planner and the Magna Charta Yearbook in June. This fee also entitles students to borrow books from the library, participate in school activities such as athletics, music, drama, clubs, computer labs, and school dances.